Monday, August 08, 2005

The Smartest Thing I've Heard All Day

I know it's only 9:25am, but I don't expect to hear much better than this today! The article is speaking of Rachel Maddow from Air America Radio and gives her thoughts on a John McCain Presidency.

For example, she doesn’t buy the widespread idea that John McCain will be the next Republican presidential candidate. “That’s ridiculous! The Republicans basically built George W. Bush out of straw . . . They created him out of nothing so that he would owe them everything. They’re not gonna pick somebody like McCain, who has basically no friends in the Republican Party, doesn’t owe anybody anything, and is likely to make his own decisions
I didn't fully believe/understand that in 2000. Now I really do. If McCain wins, it will be in spite of his Party. He's the Democrat many wish we had.

No comments: