Tuesday, February 10, 2004

THE HEAT IS ON!

This funny exchange came today when White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan released some of Bush's guard info in a hope to dispell any controversy (edited by Mr. Mooch for Brevity and Levity):

Q Scott, a couple of questions I have -- the records that you handed out today, and other records that exist, indicate that the President did not perform any Guard duty during the months of December 1972, February or March of 1973. I'm wondering if you can tell us where he was during that period. And also, how is it that he managed to not make the medical requirements to remain on active flight duty status?

MR. McCLELLAN: *BS ANSWER*

Q That wasn't my question, Scott.

MR. McCLELLAN: *BS ANSWER*

Q Scott, that wasn't my question, and you know it wasn't my question. Where was he in December of '72, February and March of '73? And why did he not fulfill the medical requirements to remain on active flight duty status?

MR. McCLELLAN: *BS ANSWER*

Q I asked a simple question; how about a simple answer?

MR. McCLELLAN: John, if you'll let me address the question, I'm coming to your answer, and I'd like --

Q Well, if you would address it -- maybe you could.

well, at least it ends on a more positive note for the president...




MR. McCLELLAN: - these documents make it very clear that the President of the United States fulfilled his duties --

Q Well, that's subject to interpretation.


HAW!

No comments: