Tuesday, July 15, 2003

You know...I've never been to France, but I would like to go. I've heard many people complain about how rude the French are, but my father (a man who can be difficult himself) said France was one of his favorite places. So, I don't know about France. I do know people here (more so now) often hate France. I really dislike the "If it weren't for us, you'd be speaking German now" attitude. A conversation this weekend got me thinking. If it weren't for France, we would not have won our independnce. If it weren't for France, we would not have won the war of 1812. If it weren't for France, the Union would not have been sustained. So, it would appear, we only FINALLY evened the score with WW1 and 2. So there. I swear the history channel better start covering more wars than WW2 or people are gonna have to read books again.

No comments: