Thursday, September 08, 2005

My Job is to be Pissed Off -or- Why You Should Listen to Track 3 on Marvin Gaye's I WANT YOU album--After the Dance (instrumental prelude).

I'm going to take a break from the news. at least the bush/hurricane/political/dispair/whatever news. We'll see how long that lasts. i'm a little emotionally overloaded, and for better or worse, that tends to be my job. In my everyday life, my job seems to be about fighting. I bill myself, or at least my work as "solving problems". That's what I do. You want to get elected? You want to make a legal headache go away? you want to learn how to give speeches or handle yourself publicly? I fix those problems.

The part that i'm not really saying there is that about 100% of the time, someone else LIKES those problems and doesn't want them fixed. Every day I have to be mean, sweet, crafty, a bully, an unsure young man, a wise player, or simply create and use peer pressure like a brick with my contemporaries. Most of the people I deal with are damn sure of themselves and usually have decent sized egos. It is tiring.

Sooo...at least for today I'm going to TRY and talk about things unrelated to Politics or the Storm today. I tried that below with the Chris Ware article. maybe a little more. Right now, I can tell you this: Marvin Gaye's album "I Want You" is the best thing he ever did and perhaps one of the best albums of all time. I think i could close my eyes and hear that thing on repeat all day. my, but if i could do that today.

No comments: