Thursday, February 02, 2006

I like Flags



Here in Mississippi, we have a controversial flag. I like flags a LOT, but not everyone likes our current state flag. My solution? i fly the OLD SCHOOL flag from the 1860s. We fly several flags at our house at different times of the year. Welsh or Italian when the in-laws come, and sometimes thereafter, Old Glory in the summer, and Bavarian for La Federala on special occasions. We also have the Democrat flag for election time and SOON I'll have an BAD ASS Tulane and Miss. State flag flying! woo hoo!


Oh, i should mention that we have some rivals down the street in our neighborhood. Those bad asses fly the US flag, the French Flag, the Indian flag, the Union Jack, and--I swear to god--both the United Nations flag and the European Union Flag. those guys are hardcore.

That reminds me, hey gorj. Remember that poli sci gal we met in college that had the UN Logo tattoo'd on her shoulder? that was pretty hardcore too.

4 comments:

CSH said...

Is that a Chochtaw flag? I only ask because the Miccosukee's fly a different flag.

Polly said...

in the pic? that's called the 'magnolia flag' its the MS flag from Pre-1894.

gorjus said...

And, she was totally hott!

Polly said...

'tis true! 'tis true!