Sunday, February 26, 2006

1:39 am Let's Call 911

I guess i could be wrong about what i heard, but i was concerned enough to call 911. I heard a couple of pops and wondered what someone was working on so loudly late at night...i mean, BOY were they being inconsiderate! then some more. squealing tires. more pops. More tires. More pops. I must have heard somewhere between 12 and 20 gunshots tonite. It's so foreign to me i really didn't know what to think. It didn't even occur to to me to call 911 until it all stopped.

I'm thankful that gunshot protocol isn't an oft utilized skill of mine.

6 comments:

Buck Allred said...

You heard that outside your house?? That is alarming. . . that area is considered a safe area . . lots of families, old folks, etc.

Polly said...

no, i heard it well down the street. While I DO think that's what I heard, no one else, and i mean no one, has coroborated my story.

Unknown said...

You'd be surprised how loud gunshots are. We were hanging out on a friend's porch here in Athens and we heard a bunch of pops, no naturally we got into a car and tried to find them. About a half mile away at least we came to some projects and, yep, dead body! It was really depressing.

Anonymous said...

omg babydoll....any news this am? explanation? Be careful- especially if you're walking my foot long boyfriend!

gorjus said...

No one else heard them. Polly was drunk!! Haw haw.

Lucas, you found a DEAD BODY??

Polly said...

hey, bg! what were you guys thinking!?!

"hey man, i gotta see who's getting killed over there!"