Thursday, June 19, 2003

This is for my Howard Dean loving friends. While I DO like him, I’m fearful that the climate is too moderate at this point for Dean’s Liberalism to win the Presidency. However, I do concede that a Liberal CAN be elected in the US and I have to admit that I don’t know of a better time for that to happen. I can’t say that ________ would be a more opportune time for a true Liberal candidate to win. What I DO like about Dean is that he fights. I don’t live in a place where the races are easy. I don’t have that luxury. For that reason, I often judge the skill of a politician by how hard they fight (attack, whatever you wanna call it) the other side, how SMART they are about their fighting, and how they redirect the harsh attacks of the modern GOP.

(NOTE to John Kerry: fighting w/ Dean about who REALLY loves gay people more wins marginal votes and makes a marginal candidate (Dean) into a contender now b/c you treated him like one).

I believe Dean, better than any Political Liberal I’ve ever seen can do these things well. That says a lot. I have seen MANY astute liberals in my life but they are rarely speaking to me as VIABLE candidates. I’d say virtually never. This of course assumes Dean is viable, and that I’m not sure about yet...

No comments: