Monday, June 30, 2003

Decent Weekend. My sweetie Federica is in town for 10 days. We were both anxious and nervous about her visit. When she got here, it was a great relief. All seemed ok in the world again. Little did she know that on Saturday she’d be tossed to the open road. We left before lunch to attend a Family Reunion in Lambert, MS where she met MOST of the people on my mother’s side of the family. I think she was taken aback somewhat, but she was a good sport. Speaking of good sport, she tolerated a quick trip to some places I lived in the delta like Dublin, MS and Lu-Rand, MS (look THAT up on mapquest!). Anyway, places I’ve not seen since a decade ago at least. It was somewhat strange. Not sad but not happy either. Anyway...

After that, we went to Memphis. I dunno what I was thinking. It’s a great town, but I could have done better by Federica. We were tired and got to see next to nothing, returning to my Dad’s at 1am. Spent the day with them and drove back. All in all, Federica was a good sport and doesn’t now hate me. :) The part I don’t understand is that she wanted to drive almost the whole way. Nutty. It went pretty well, and ended with she and I having our first meal together at our home. I'm not going to like it when she leaves again in a few days.

No comments: