Wednesday, April 14, 2004

You See, I work in Politics...

well, that's the title i've had here lately. In that job, my main responsibility is to make sure tort reform doesn't pass. Today we beat 'tort reform'. its not for good (nothing is), and you know what?

we didn't really beat it. luck and hubris beat it...and this day, like almost everything else in my life made me stare down the dark feeling of defeat until victory came in the last few moments...literally in the last 9 minutes it could possibly come, 'tort reform' lost out. it was deathly close and the bill was bad all around for Mississippians.

it seems like i have no victories in my life without falling to a hair's width of utter defeat. as much as i'm used to this. as much as its a pattern of my life that re-affirms my faith...its still very hard.

i am utterly exhausted.

oh...and i haven't done my taxes.

cheers!

No comments: