Monday, April 26, 2004

Abortion

Below, someone asked why I haven't weighed in on the 100s of Thousands in DC protesting the Bush Administration over Aboriton. While i do have my opinion on abortion, its not my big issue. As a matter of fact, it's my least favorite issue. I do believe that many of the President's policies are often very short sided and for their looks rather than their effectiveness. Despite this, i really only gave the protests a cursory glance.

I'll give you a quick observation on the anti-abortion movement:

I've often thought the Pro Choice movement puts a lot of effort in the 'blue states' and none in the 'red states'. they just have no presence and i think this gives them the VAST amounts of trouble they see nationally. they tend to preach to the converted and that won't gain them new grown. The Pro Choice movement is not as tight a community as their counterparts on the other side. if they hope to have success on their chose issue, they have to have a presence in the states where they are weak. there seems no willingness to do this, and the Pro Choice movement is weak because of it.

No comments: