Friday, January 13, 2006

FoxNews :You Decide - WILL VICIOUS DEMS PAY!?!


OK, how 'fair and balanced' does this look to you? Judge Sam Alito's wife cried during part of the confirmation hearings this week. I would assume it was in part a reaction to tough questions about Alito's previous self-promotion of a bigoted club he was in as a Princeton Alum. (you know the one that wanted to keep out blacks and women?)...and to that I agree with her Her husband SHOULD have done a better job explaining himself. ;)

Anyway, look at that screenshot and tell me there's no bias at fox news.

While i'm at it, I also find it funny that they've constantly called her Mrs. Alito when she never took her husband's name. is it THAT politically charged today to mention she's kept her own name, or is the news so lazy that they couldn't bother to look up her name? It's Martha-Ann Bomgardner, not Mrs. Alito.

...and finally, outside of all this, Neal Cavuto usually just makes me want to slap him across the face.

5 comments:

CSH said...

perhaps weirdly, I think much better of him now that I know his wife never took his name; I mean, that seems at least marginally progressive.

Polly said...

yeah, if it could just overcome 15 years and about 4000 cases where he ruled for the weaker party over the powerful about...oh 30 times. if you are a party that, in any way, came to court for 'help', you can count on Judge Alito to give you the finger.

CSH said...

Don't we have to show some form of intentionality in order to claim that someone is viscious? If we saw BMW and I said "wow, I hate those cars." That you burst into tears might be due to my lack of tact but in order to accuse me of being vicious I would have to not only know that you would react that way but actually to want you to react that way as well.

I mean, wouldn't the dems have had to intended to make Mrs. Alito cry in order for it to be vicious? Or, wouldn't that have had to intend to say hurtful and mean things to Judge Alito himself? Sure, you can make a case for the latter but the former seems much more difficult.

Can you see Kennedy and some others, talking before the hearing "first one to make her cry gets a steak dinner... whose in?"

Polly said...

while what you say is true, i'd have to add that FOXNews doesn't care. they have an agenda and that's the end of the story. its overt and this is how they work it in.

Unknown said...

oh, dude. that is h-y-s-t-e-r-i-c-a-l!!!