Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Flag Debate. The Final Word. (thanks swirly)


Here's just about all that need be said:

Finally, without the Constitution there wouldn't be an American Republic, or American liberty, or an American flag.

We love that flag, but we love the guarantees of the Constitution more.

For the Constitution is not just a symbol, IT IS, AS I SAY, THE VERY THING ITSELF {emphasis original}. -- Robert Byrd (D-WV), the longest serving member in the history of the Senate (take that, Strom, you big jerk!)

3 comments:

G. E. Light said...

I was surprised to see Mitch McConnell R-KY voted against the flag thing, but no info on his argument. Have you heard anything about his logic? Generally he's a rightwing scumbag (but of an old school more moderate vein), so I hail his brave vote.

neola said...

i like how you stuck it to the dead guy.

Polly said...

actually, it was more like me burning him in my memory (is that like mental effegy?).