Thursday, April 06, 2006

HOLY SHIT!

Seriously. is this Presidential Treason?

[National Journal]: Vice President Dick Cheney's former chief of staff has testified that President Bush authorized him to disclose the contents of a highly classified intelligence assessment to the media to defend the Bush administration's decision to go to war with Iraq, according to papers filed in federal court on Wednesday by Patrick J. Fitzgerald, the special prosecutor in the CIA leak case.

Libby testified to a federal grand jury that he had received "approval from the President through the Vice President" to divulge portions of a National Intelligence Estimate.


So is Karl Rove innocent? was it the PRESIDENT giving up CIA agents in order to get some political cover? I've no time to comment any further. I am beyond shocked here. I expected the VP's hands to be dirty, but i never expected bush to be doing this dirty work himself. I'm speechless. yopu read the article and tell me what you think.

2 comments:

CSH said...

My immediate response to your post was "Wait, if the president can't decide what is classified and what isn't, who can?" The only thing that has me thinking this is sketchy is why, when Libby was indicted on this stuff, the president didn't just say "Hey, I told him to do it." If what he was doing was legal, then that should have ended discussion. My next thought is, assuming the president has the right to decide what is classified and what isn't then why not just declassify the information and let everyone have it instead of the plan to leak it to certain key sources. That plan seems to indicate that the information was not declassified at all but rather used as a tool against others. I can see it now, the entire argument is going to be about whether the president has the right to declassify stuff or not.

teahouse said...

What a mess.

This whole thing is getting to be a bigger and bigger train wreck.