Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Bono on the Presidents

Bono on showing up at the White House the first time, years ago, to meet with President Clinton:

"I think [the staffers] thought I was there [to do the] carpentry. I thought ... [Clinton] looked more like a pop star than I did. And I thought he might be thinking that, too."

On Bush:

The U2 front man still laughs about the meeting where Dubya had to pound his fist to distract the rocker from his own eloquence about the AIDS crisis.

"He banged the table at me once when I was ranting at him about" AIDS drugs," Bono recalls. "He banged the table to ask me to let him reply.

"I was very impressed that he could get so passionate. And let's face it, tolerating an Irish rock star is not a necessity of his office."
another Tidbit:

Growing up, Bono ate airline food every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner - because his brother worked for an airline.

No comments: