Thursday, November 13, 2003

SINCE IT’S AFTER 6pm...

Ode to My Sixth Martini

Rising high above the bar,
Your frosted stem reveals how chilled you are.
Clear and crisp and dry as dust,
I will, I must.
Oh perfect gin Martini,
No one shall e’er impeach you.
Now if I could just stand upright,
Just long enough to reach you.

From the THIN MAN movie:

See, in mixing , the important thing is the rhythm. Always have rhythm in your shaking. Now a Manhattan, you shake to fox trot time; a Bronx to two-step time. But a Martini, you always shake to waltz-time.
--Nick Charles, The Thin Man

Nora Charles: How many drinks have you had?
Nick Charles: This will make six Martinis.
Nora Charles (to the waiter): All right. Will you bring me 5 more Martinis, Leo? Line them up right here.

I never go jogging, it makes me spill my Martini.
George Burns

Happiness is a dry Martini and a good woman...or a bad one.
George Burns

I should have switched from Scotch to Martinis
reputedly, Humphrey Bogart’s last words

A man must defend his wife, his children, and his Martini.
Jackie Gleason

CHEERS!

No comments: