Monday, June 20, 2005

Biden to Seek Presidential Nomination

Anyone who's spent any time discussing Presidential Politics with me knows I hate Democratic Nominees from New England. I think they have a poor track record and i believe their background makes them uniquely unable to connect with the general public as needed to win the Presidency. This isn't to say i WANT it to be that way, it's just my observation. I'll spare you my rant (again) in this space. Despite all this, there IS one guy from New England that I actually like. It's Joe Biden from Delaware. By FAR, he is my favorite (or the only one i could stomach) nominee i can see coming out of New England. Seems his hat is in the ring.

Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr. (D-Del.) said yesterday he plans to seek the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008 unless he decides later this year that he has little chance of winning.

'My intention is to seek the nomination,' Biden said on CBS's 'Face the Nation.' 'I know I'm supposed to be more coy with you. I know I'm supposed to tell you, you know, that I'm not sure. But if, in fact, I think that I have a clear shot at winning the nomination by this November or December, then I'm going to seek the nomination.'
**NOTE--Did you see in the article that John McCain would be the oldest elected President of all time at 72 (if he ran in 2008)! he certainly doesn't show his age!

3 comments:

G. E. Light said...

New England=CT, RI, MA, ME, VT, NH and perhaps some of Upper Northeastern NY, East of Hudson River and North of Poughkeepsie, although traditionally the western edge is the Appalachians (specifically the Berkshires). Delaware is in the Mid-Atlantic Region: NY, NJ, PA, DE, MD. The first three are generally considered part of the NorthEast and De and MD part of the South (at least by the US Census Bureau).

I realize Delaware doesn't seem like the South and even though it was a slave-owning state it stayed in the Union, but whatever you call Biden as a senator, he is not a New Englander

Polly said...

All Geography aside, new england would be whatever Karl Rove and his ilk would want to tar and feather him with.

G. E. Light said...

Besides obstructionism on judicial apointments, Republicans will surely drag back up the mutliple plagiarisms (from Kinnock, Kennedy, and when he was in Law School) which derailed his 1987 Presidential bid. Hell they'll probably sue the attack video Dukakis made on the topic. They won't need a fake New england connection.