Saturday, February 12, 2005

The Aviator -- Extraordinary

I've wanted to see this film for months and it was certainly worth the wait. I think it was done as well as anyone could have hoped to do in every possible way. I think Leonardo DiCaprio is long overdue for his oscar nomination here and (so far) has my vote. I will have to say that Hotel Rwanda might pull me away, as i'm a big Don Cheadle fan, but I tend to think pulling for those sorts of films can be somewhat of a cheap shot.

At any rate, Howard Hughes is someone i've always known bits and pieces about and most of what i knew, i didn't care for. I found the film's story sad, funny, scary, and sometimes triumphant. the film was outstanding down to EVERY last detail. I highly recommend it.

Sidenote:

I've been pretty wowed by the Previews for Kingdom of Heaven. click the link and watch the trailer.

No comments: