Friday, October 26, 2007

Mr. Pollan Goes to DC



So, it seems i've been planning a trip to DC forever, but never actually making it happen. Originally, I wanted a trip to seattle for an extended weekend, then a long weekend in DC, then back to Jackson, MS where i'll be so tired i'd need a vacation from my vacation. I spent a lot of time on the Road this summer and it wasn't always my idea of the best summer ever. One thing that made it all better was Baseball. Each team plays roughly 5 days a week, unlike (say) football, I didn't have to wait around too long to watch my team and have a few bright spots in my day. I kept trying to find a time to fit in as much baseball as possible. wasn't there a week when Seattle, Baltimore, AND DC were all playing at home on the same week!? Sadly, whenever they were, I was tied up with work. Seattle, the place i was trying hardest to visit, was just not in the cards. DC, on the other hand, was.

Luckily for me, I know a few People in DC. People with Baseball tickets. And I had a plane ticket. Little did I know i was going to run into a few odd balls: Senator Larry Craig's Pals, some buffalo, a shark, FDR's lap, 45,000 people screaming for Teddy Roosevelt, Johnny Cash, a blueberry Guinness, and a story time at a bar that left me feeling like i was in a room full of people that had never had a grandparent (or at least a crazy uncle). I'll give you more as i put the photos together.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"and a story time at a bar that left me feeling like i was in a room full of people that had never had a grandparent (or at least a crazy uncle)."

this sounds like a hoot. please devote a post to this one.

teahouse said...

Hey, cool!! Glad the trip was fun. Or is? Are you still there?

Staci said...

IT WAS A PLEASURE HAVING YOU JOIN ME FOR THE FINAL GAME AT RFK!!!!!!!! I promise next time we go to Shelly's backdoor cigar bar...i'll smoke one with ya!

Diehard ASTROS/METS/ POLLAN fan,
s